- 2-color sunburst nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Maple neck with “soft V”-shaped profile and “small” headstock
- 7.25”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets
- Vintage-style single-coil Stratocaster pickups with staggered pole pieces
- Modern five-way pickup switch
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge
VINTAGE-STYLE SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS
This instrument features vintage-style single-coil pickups that expertly evoke the sound and style of classic Fender guitars from the 1950s, ’60s and ’70s.
NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER FINISH
Nitrocellulose lacquer is one of the great original-era Fender electric guitar finishes, and is still used today on select instruments. Thin, porous and delicate, it’s a premium finish prized for sonic qualities that let body woods breathe with their true tonal character, and for an appearance that ages and wears in a distinctive way appealing to many players.
“SOFT V” NECK PROFILE
The “soft V” neck profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) on this instrument has a distinctly comfortable fretting-hand feel that takes the more pronounced sharpness of a ’50s “V” profile and “softens” it into a somewhat more rounded shape. Ideal for players with larger hands whose thumb extends over the edge of the fingerboard.